Whenever I thought of whatever my injuries had cost me, I wondered why had I carried on and on, knowing I can never be at my best ever again, yet, giving up basketball is a thought that had went through my mind, yet i couldn't let go. I tried, going away from basketball, avoid going to basketball courts, yet, the passion for basketball just keep burning. The moment I step back into the court, the moment i goes for a lay-up and when i make my 3 pointer shots, any of this just makes my blood boils. I know i can never be at the peak of my basketball any more. I just wanna pass down whatever i had learnt over the years to younger ppl who shares the same passion as me.
Over the years, it started with Basketball as one big part of my life, then it became my life, turning into something I live for. To I wanted to give up that very part of my life, till now, i know i just can't let it go. Its my life in the past, now and in the future, something i would just carry on until the day my legs can no longer move, my hands have no more strength. With the pride i played, I want ppl who had seen me play had no idea or even cross their mind I had been severely injured before. I am glad, I can still play the game i love, teaching whatever i know and helping ppl with the same passion excel in the game. Championship is one thing that i have always wanted, but what I always wanted, is for ppl (coaches, referees and teamates) who have allowed me to be me, to look me in the eyes and say PR, u did the right thing at the end of the day.
Over the years, it started with Basketball as one big part of my life, then it became my life, turning into something I live for. To I wanted to give up that very part of my life, till now, i know i just can't let it go. Its my life in the past, now and in the future, something i would just carry on until the day my legs can no longer move, my hands have no more strength. With the pride i played, I want ppl who had seen me play had no idea or even cross their mind I had been severely injured before. I am glad, I can still play the game i love, teaching whatever i know and helping ppl with the same passion excel in the game. Championship is one thing that i have always wanted, but what I always wanted, is for ppl (coaches, referees and teamates) who have allowed me to be me, to look me in the eyes and say PR, u did the right thing at the end of the day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home